• home
Home » , , , , » Inspiration Profile - Natalie Sorensen

Inspiration Profile - Natalie Sorensen

Hello all - here we are again at the end of another week.
Enjoy this week's Inspiration Profile - her name is Natalie Sorensen and she is a super busy Wellingtonian who runs an online store alongside her full time job. Phew! Check her out.

Natalie Sorensen of LET LIV. Love the striped rug on the right? Yep, it's available from LET LIV.


Name: Natalie Sorensen


What do you do: I am the Director of almost everything at LET LIV. We opened our virtual doors in August 2012 however I had been working on the LET LIV concept for some time.. some would say my whole life!

Where do you live: Wellington, New Zealand! The city which I love and will always feel like home no matter where in the world I go.

What are you working on: We have some big plans for 2013 and beyond with LET LIV, I am never working on just one thing at a time. At the moment though we are about to launch the first item in a range of LET LIV textiles… shh!

LET LIV Moroccan Leather Pouf - Fuschia


Who/what inspires me: I think, like all creative people, I go through stages of being inspired and also stages of being inspired by certain people. Eras and figures of the past are definitely things I look to to be inspired, however we also have a whole new way of being inspired with things like blogs, tumblr's & my guilty pleasure, Pinterest. In terms of LET LIV in general, my Scandinavian heritage has definitely inspired the concept, the product range & how I view living.

I work best: Unfortunately for my early bird partner I work best at night but I am trying to sleep more and work best!

What I do when I’m stuck for inspiration: Have a glass of wine & a chat with my partner,  or my guilty pleasure; browsing through Pinterest. I also find that I can be struck by inspiration anywhere so I always make sure I make a note of it, often in my phone.

The best advice I have been given is: Follow your heart – it is advice that works in all aspects of life I have found.

My latest discovery is:I discover something new that I love / want / need or all three every day almost so this is a hard one for me. I would say that our new cowhide pouches by Mooi are one of my latest discoveries. Vashti from Mooi is one lovely lady and it was so nice to meet someone who is doing something similar to me and being able to work our businesses together. (Watch this space).

Brown and White Cowhide Pouch

Books that I get inspiration from: Biographies are the books I enjoy most, especially ones about people in the past I just find that fascinating & inspiring. At the moment however, I am reading GRACE by Grace Coddington.

Magazines that inspire me: I am a magazine addict, it used to be fashion magazines, however now you can imagine I am addicted to interiors mags. I am the sort of magazine reader that is a flicker though so the more visual ones appeal to me more as an instant gratification thing.  Can’t walk past a new NZ Fashion Quarterly, Homestyle, Your Home & Garden or NZ HOME mag.

Blogs that I enjoy: There are far too many to list & not look insane! On my daily browse list though are; Charlotte Minty (thanks!), The Design Files, Made from Scratch, My Scandinavian Home, Fancy, Studio Home, Miss Moss, The Design Chaser, Yellowtrace, Milo & Mitzy, Design Lovefest and the infamous Emmas Design blog. (That’s just for my first coffee of the day).

My favourite room at home is: We have a living room which flows onto a dining area, kitchen and deck, it just feels so open and comfy. It is just a classic palette of white & washed wood and we have filled it with many an op shop find and of course tonnes of LET LIV!

My office is: Anywhere my laptop is, actually, anywhere I am. One thing that is key in what I do is being inspired and fortunately this can happen at any time, any where!

What am I looking forward to: Ticking some goals off my LET LIV Goal List,  being able to keep on doing what I love and whatever else life will bring this year & beyond!

Quick - go and check out LET LIV here. Or you can keep up to date with Natalie on the LET LIV FB page, or on Twitter, or even on Instagram and Pinterest - you'll never miss out!


LET LIV 100% Cotton Tassel Scarf in Donkey Grey

All photographs are used with permission from Natalie Sorensen and LET LIV.

0 comments:

Post a Comment